Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Originally Posted by Boxer
EHG,

Which boolits?

No turret on the Tom stock?!!?

The Whack 'em Stack 'em was 50 gr V-max fireform loads... You know what a pain in the ass it is to have to fireform cases for the AI and how accuracy sucks... This pretend schit just takes it out of a guy....

The Ball and Chain was runnin' the 75 A-Max and she has a CDS turret on her's... Makes comin' back to zero almost bitch proof... Almost... grin

My powder bill exceeds what the Do-Nothing Gang makes,which is funny in and of itself.

Happiness is a hot barrel.

'Cub,

Facts is facts...even when much to your chagrin.

Laffin'!

'CUBIC,

Dead Nutz on the lower rifle,with the barbed wire?

DW,

That rifle is my Feesh Pard's. It's a Glen Seekin's bottom,that accept AICS mags. I've not used,nor know anyone who has used the DBM you linked to. I've Glen,HS and AtlasWorx DBM's...and much prefer ADL to any/all on a 223AI. Exception for going DBM would be to coax nearly 3" COAL,in say 6-284 with the 105A-Max(I've two of 'em in the works now).

AICS 223 mags are polymer and allow 2.5" COAL,which ain't a bad thing...though I'd much rather have a flush belly and simply relocate the mag spacer on the OEM box.

My 21" #3 1-8" 3-groove 223AI in a Classic,wears HS DBM and I don't hate it. It's all S/S(though heavy at 9 ounces) and takes a lick pretty good. I shoot HS DBM S/A's in .378",.473" and .532" all.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

For Running & Gunning/Casting & Blasting,the Rocktucky 223AI is KING,though I've more than quite a few to pick from.

Hint.

TBag,

A fast twist 223AI is tough to whoop,if a guy is hip on fun.

Tanner,

I much prefer the 22-250AI over the Swift by light years and the 223AI over the both of 'em...if only because I've got 'em all.

The Swift is a Goat [bleep] and a Super Goat [bleep] in 1-14". 22-250AI and a Swift in the left magbox. The 2.200" Swift hull is a heavy concession to increased BC's,just like the POS Goat [bleep] 6mmRem is(6mmRemAI nestled in the center box with a 243AI).

[Linked Image]

Boolits matter far more than headstamps and reserve RPM is where happiness is found,if only because some boolits rate building a rifle literally around. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Easy to discern what do what and more importantly why,when you shoot all side by each.