Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by SLM

Rick, please do something about this. Sexual harassment should not be tolerated.

Spooky Tooth.
Classic.
GFY.

Spooky Tooth,

Slave, I looked back a ways and did not see anything. Were you referencing the band "Spooky Tooth". Hadn't thought about them in years.....

Takes me back.

I started surfing around '65. Had two particular buds I would hitch rides to the beach with. We would take our cars to the mall and park them, then hitch a ride to the beach and back. This would be around 1970. One guy everybody called "Spooky", caused he was such a Spooky Tooth fanantic. The two of us had hitched to the beach the day before and caught some pretty good waves. IIRC there was a Hurricaine in the gulf and the swells were building. On this day another bud, John and Spooky took off before about two hours before I got out of class. Waves were overhead at the Flagship pier and every mother's son that had a board was trying to get down ASAP.
When I got to the Flagship pier, there were cops and ambulances. Evidently Spooky was at the tail end of a wave and had kicked out. Unfortunately he must have kicked out at the rip and his board flipped. He came down on the skeg and it caught him just under the clavicle and severed his jugular. Died right there in my bud John's arms about 10 minutes before I got there. Bummer. Any time I think of that band I think of Spooky and his zest for life.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 09/18/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.