Boxer,
Wow, you sure can get yourself stirred up, can you not? How is it that you can't have all this experience, yet still be so simple minded? Oh, by the way, where did you get the idea I had never fired one? I shoot every one I chamber.
Now, for your entertainment and because you expressed an interest, I'll tell you about my trip to town to get some components just for this upcoming test (and get my dryer parts with which I will cement my position as the hero of the household.) Since the weather was nice and I wasn't planning to pick up any large items, I and my wife hopped into our old 91 Miata for the forty five mile trip to town. Things were going fine until, about five miles from town, the darn thing blew up! I was able to coast into a turn-off and there we sat. I decided to continue on into town where I would stop at Budget and rent wheels to get home on. My wife would stay with the car to keep an eye on the rifle in the package in the back window (always multi-tasking, I was bringing this in to ship off to it`s owner. It is another AI, a 280, and I shot it too. Shot great). Even as handsome as I am, it seems people are reluctant to pick up a stranger on the highway and I had to walk most of the way. Rented a nice mini-van and I was back in business; in a manner of speaking. By the time this is all done, with the money I'll spend, I could have bought a new dryer, built a good rifle (AI or not), and spent some extra time learning to communicate with my airdale ( I`m doing this on the assumption that, if I can connect with the mind of a fairly dumb dog, it will give me some insight in to mind of someone like our friend Boxer).
Anyway, Some of the time which was previously earmarked for shooting will, instead, be spent car hauling and returning rentals etc. The things I do for science! GD