Originally Posted by pointer
Digi Dan- Other than accuracy have you seen a difference in the 22LR ammo used on hogs? If you need me to, I"ll pm you my USPS addy for the invite to bring my 10/22 down.

Generally speaking low velocity RN bullets penetrate the best. I popped a couple of pigs with short HVHP rounds and while the pigs died the bullets shattered when they struck vertebrae. CB shorts will punch thru and exit the neck on small/medium sized pigs. They will also fully penetrate the skull of a full grown pig on frontal shots.

I've only taken 5 with the 10/22 using CCI SV. One bullet recovered which went thru a lot of bone on a broadside shot and stopped under the offside hide. It retained most of it's weight but mushroomed to over 2 calibers. Pics below, in order: CCI CB recovered from a large boar after full skull penetration and a CCI SV discussed above.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Draw your own conclusions, just passing along my observations.

Not sure what you're looking for re: "invite to bring my 10/22 down". ??? You ship yourself via USPS to your own address?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain