Smoke:

Doesn't apply to your post, but a heads up from two days ago.

I use "My fitness pal" to roughly monitor my daily calorie intake. They also tell you fat, carbo, protein and potassium intake for the day. Upon looking I could see my potassium intake is about a third of the recommended daily requirement. Knew it, but thought I felt fine. A little off lately, but attributed it to age and working out more than normal. Need to up the vegetables and fruits.

I have had three episodes where my potassium level dropped and I became really weak. First time I drove myself to the ER. Docs gave my a D5W .9NSS + 20meq/L Potassium Chloride IV and the heart slowed down and the skips went away immediately. HR was hitting 200. And while my K (Potassium) level was on the low side of normal they attributed it to low K.

Happened a second time a couple years later while Grouse hunting. Felt weak and kept going, got weaker and finally had to stop and lie down. Again pushing 200. I couldn't go or get a good breath. It reversed and I went on my way, but paid attention.

Just happened the other day again. Not as bad, but I recognized it before I crashed. I had talked about this with a Doc previously and he wrote me a script for prescription strength KCl and he told me to keep it close at all times. Only to be used if the symptoms occurred. Anyway went home and took one. Within 30 minutes my HR was back to 62 and I felt great.

There is also an interplay between Sodium and Magnesium with Potassium. Most get enough Sodium, but the majority of the population is Magnesium deficient.

Diet is a bigger factor than we realize as we get some years on us and if you are not eating right this high intensity stuff can get things a little skewed.

All of us should see the GP regularly and have a blood panel done. Talk to him/her about the numbers and what they mean. Read and acquire a working mans knowledge so when they give you answers they make sense.

Addition: Had to squeeze it in before gym closed.

Hex deadlifts: 10x10 185lbs

Standing barbell press: 10x10 alternating between 70
80lbs

Inclined sit-ups with 25lbs: 4x10

Last edited by battue; 06/15/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler