Originally Posted by Diddywahdiddy

What routine do y'all suggest, if at all, with the kettle bells?
I can't really run, substituting the elliptical or stair master due to the left knee DJD,
so would swimming add anything to it?

If you go to onnit.com and look in the "academy" section, you can click on exercises or training and find different individual exercises with kettle bells and different workouts with kettle bells. That's where I found the one I tried a few days ago. Some of the exercises they show don't require you to bend down as far as a squat/power clean/dead lift with a barbell would. That may be easier with your knee situation.

I've started doing one arm bench with a DB and DB bench alternating arms. I really like it. I lift my legs up on the bench as well. It really keeps your core engaged the entire time.

I don't have the luxury of walking in the hills with a pack either. I will walk and/or run up and down bleachers with a pack on. I also walk on a treadmill with the incline anywhere from 12-15% while wearing a pack. I find it more helpful than just loading up a pack and walking a flat dirt road.

Swimming is an awesome full-body workout. It may be very beneficial because it doesn't put the same stress on your body as lifting does, but still gives you a pretty darn good exercise.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck!

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It's difficult only for the others....It is the same when you are stupid