I started three weeks ago with getting my soft old backside back into shape. I drew a goat tag this year and after getting promoted to a desk 10 years ago, I'm not where I need to be.

Three weeks ago I started the treadmill, initially just doing 30 minutes flat (0%) at 3.5 mph. I'm up to 25 minutes at 10% at 3.2 mph with a five minute warm up and cool down at 0% on each end. I'll add my pack and some weight next hitch. I go home for my three week R&R today and will hike the roads around my home area with a pack and 50 pounds.

I also started the seven week push up and sit up (crunches) challenge this week. That was humbling but it will be worth it. In seven weeks following the protocol for my age and test results, I should be able to do 100 push ups and 200 crunches. We'll see how it goes.

I've never been one for working out. Until 10 years ago, between my job and my off time I was pretty active and always stayed in good shape. This is the first time I've felt the need to really work at getting back in shape.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.