It is an easy recipe a jar of honey, two cups of Isolate ( I know this is against what I said before but the protein content is about double what whey is in the same scoop, 2 cups of oats, and two cups of Natural PB I believe. I agree my prior history is more BB and sports related. That's why I am adding in Bouldering if I can. Nothing tells you what your capable of like the soreness afterwards. I was in peak shape and went the first time and woke up with weird muscles in my back and legs on fire. I hurt for a week. Usually after training for along time DOMS disappears. The only hang up right now is the gym is something close to 200 bucks a month. I might just try and go once or twice a month for now. If you have the shoes and chalk bag it is cheaper. I don't need a harness so there is some savings there.
I still need to get a good pack and also another set of boots. My loggers style RF boots are good for stability but not so much for hiking. I might try the Danner Afghan boots. They seem to be a good value if a returning GI has them in the box in your size. I think I saw them going for about 150 which if they are as good as I have heard is a great value. I hate I missed out on the Kennetrek deal a few months back. I am also thinking that I shoot ten + deer a year here so getting a good pack frame and packing them out would help some. Even if it is less than a mile but back in the swamp. Might be a good workout. I usually take them out on my shoulders or in a quick drag full weight because I hunt the same areas for 3-4 months and don't want to mess up the area. I might try some public land hog hunts in SC with a pack and try camping out there. I may be moving to SC for work anyway. Just want to give myself the best advantage I can. It looks like you are only allowed 50 pounds for a ten day drop hunt for moose.