Pilgs,
Now that sounds like some practical advice I can use. I will print off those kettle-bell exercises this a.m. that don't require such a degree of knee flexion, and try them tomorrow a.m. as this a.m. is "elliptical day" and yesterday was "weight day" at the local YMCA. I'll also try the one-arm benches, as I do the "both arm" DB bench presses, sitting military presses, biceps curls, triceps extensions, rows while kneeling on the bench.
We have an abundance of flat dirt roads here in the nearby Natn'l Forest with flat hiking "strolling trails", so the stair master, elliptical, and 10-15% grade on the treadmill-with pack on the back-has to do for now.
I will have to force myself to get up extra early, which I may have to pass on, to do the swimming as the Y pool is always crowded with either the Uber swimmers or the blue-haired ladies doing water aerobics or synchronized swimming.
Thank you so much for your advice! I am sorry I don't have pics but the site tells me my "pixels" are too many to post. My printer here at home will be humming as soon as I send this thank-you reply! Kettle-bells are being added to the redneck Southern routine. The first two weeks of August will be here before we can blink twice!