Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by BWalker
What does everyone think of a ketogenic diet? I have been on it about a month and half and have lost about 8lbs. I feel I am losing fat only, as I have gained strength and have never felt better in the gym.

Ketogenic diet is primarily used to try and control recurring epileptic seizures. It is not so much a diet, but a life style. Works by making the body burn fat, but how long can you stick with it? Big with the body builders before a competition, but even they don't stick with it long term.

Before I left for SHOT (January 12) I was 230. I'm sure I put on a few at the Las Vegas buffets, but 230 was the last time I weighed myself before going ketogenic.

This morning I was 202.4. The first fifteen came off pretty danged fast, and then slow-but-steady I continue to trim down.

I have re-introduced limited amounts of high-quality carbs (brown rice), but at this point, I want to see 199 and then experiment with how many good carbs I can eat and maintain 200-ish.

Ankle surgery last summer really affected my mobility and limited my hunting season, and I put on some pounds! I am gearing up for a great summer and fall this year, and the weight came off MUCH faster than I anticipated going ketogenic (Atkins).

Ketogenic works for me.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine