man this is a damned good thread

late to the party, too much time spent discussing politics and other bullchit on hunters campfire.

have a goal to do an overland hike next year with my bestest pard and float out of a river via packrafts.

gonna start training in earnest for it (hopefully it will motivate me to do so)

and hope to be ready to hunt sheep this August because of it, hunt hard this fall.

like smokepole, my goal is to keep moving the crossbars back as often and as far as I can.

I'm 56 years young (well old someday) stand 6'1" and am at 201.4 lbs. this a.m.

sheep shape for me is typically 195 lbs. but I've been in the best shape of my life at 215 (lifting alot) and the worst shape of my life at 215 (only lifting beers and snacks outa fridge)

last year I got down to 195 again, but it was all stress as my wife was very, very ill. I was in no shape to go sheep hunting despite my reduced weight.

nutrition is the devil for me, I love healthy food, I love junk food, most of my life I've enjoyed the seefood diet, I see food and EAT it!

in my youth it didn't seem to matter much, by late 40's early 50's I began to weep for the tale of the tape.

one of the things I really want to add to my workout regimen is yoga for flexibility and balance. Some scoff at the idea, but just like what gear I use, I could care less. What I do and the choices I make is to make me happy, no one else (well maybe some poor girl foolish enough to marry my worthless azz)

great thread Will, sorry it took me so long to discover it.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.