Been away for a bit Turkey hunting and learning some stuff that to me anyway is important. No luck so far with the Turkeys, so to the important.

Probably nothing most don't know, but lifting and carrying heavy stuff has the potential to make us stronger. I know I'm a genius. Appreciate the thought.

Ok, here is the important tidbit. Flexibility. Whatever it takes work at it just as hard. Probably no big deal for the young and middle age group, but the over 50 crowd had better start thinking about it. Squats, a loooot of rowing, running, hiking-with and without a pack-accomplished something other than keeping me going past when many friends have quit. It also gave me some really tight quads. Tight quads gave me back pain, probably contributed to me tearing a glut and made my knees hurt.

After a week of some serious quad stretching done 5 or 6 times per day. Back pain pretty much gone, knees still hurt a little but much better, hip pain getting better by the day.

As they say: FWIW, but I'm going to start paying a lot more attention to flexibility.

What the hell these massive 14inch guns are big enough. grin

Last edited by battue; 05/10/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler