Just checked this thread out. Read quite a lot.

I've been a gym rat for over 25 years and have the injuries to prove it; two blown discs in the lower back from going too heavy squatting, torn pec, torn labrum in the shoulder, tendonitis in the arms and elbows, etc.

Had shoulder surgery and a discectomy.

Used to lift like a body builder; went heavy as possible and did 16 sets of each muscle group. Very little cardio. Spent 2 and a half hours in the gym 5 to 6 days a week. As I've grown older and smarter, I've changed the workouts up quite a bit.

Now I do something I call "The Deer Hunting Workout" that evolved from realizing how good I felt after a deer hunt. Lots of cardio on a bike during the hunt and climbing.

My workout now was designed to try to still be able to work out without laying completely off because of my existing injuries, aches and pains. It also addresses my New Year's Resolution to spend no more than 1 and a half hours at the gym.

Sooooo....

Three Day Split:

Chest and Back
Legs
Shoulders and Arms

Chest and Back:
5 minutes of stepmill
1 set Bench Press with appropriate weight to FAIL at 20 reps supersetted with 1 set Rows with same weight and rep requirement
5 minutes of stepmill
1 set Incline Bench supersetted with Lat Pulldowns
5 minutes stepmill
1 set Dumbell Flys supersetted with Dumbell Pullovers
5 minutes stepmill
Abs, Hyperextensions, full stretching routine....

Shoulders and Arms:
5 minutes stepmill
1 set Seated Military Press Giantsetted with 1 set Upright Rows and 1 set Dumbell Lateral Raises
5 minutes stepmill
Barbell Curls supersetted with Tricep Extensions
5 minutes stepmill
Preacher Curls supersetted with Tricep Pushdowns
5 minutes stepmill
Concentration Curls supersetted with Tricep Kickbacks
Abs, Hyperextensions, stretch

Legs:
5 minutes stepmill
Giantset Horizontal Hack Squats with Leg Extensions and Standing Calves
5 minutes stepmill
Giantset Leg Press with Leg Curls and Donkey Calves
5 minutes stepmill
Giantset Sissy Squats with Straight Legged Dead Lifts and Seated Calves
Abs, Hyperextensions, Stretch

All of the exercises above are done with the weight chosen to fail at 20 reps. One set per exercise ONLY to failure. REAL Failure. Leave nothing in the tool box.

The 3 day split repeats on Thursday so that 2 of the workouts repeat in one week if I work out 5 days and take the weekends off to have a little fun

I don't diet whatsoever; I eat anything I want.

6'2" and 210 pounds.

I did diet one time in my life by simply cutting fat out of the diet as completely as possible. Got down to 180 in 3 months with 4% body fat.

When it comes to the Atkins diet or eliminating carbohydrate from my diet, I'm a disbeliever.

smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.