After a few encouragements I figured I would give this a try. We'll start a thread for everyone to check in and post their workouts, monitor progress toward a goal, that kind of thing. Be a good place to compare notes and see what everyone does to stay in shape, etc. Maybe it will serve to keep everyone on the wagon a bit more than we would otherwise.

What I don't want is a bunch of criticism and crap throwing over issues that don't affect the average Joe trying to get advice. If it turns into that I figure most everyone will abandon it anyway. If you think your way of doing things is so superior then just continue to post your workouts and folks will notice. We've had two dozen crap throwing threads on working out, don't need another one.

I'll be posting two things on my check-in posts: the workout I performed and the number of half days of clean eating I got in for that day. I divide the day into 1st half: breakfast and lunch, 2nd half: everything afterward. I started doing this on the Men's Health 52 day challenges years past and it is a decent way of keeping track. A clean eating day is one where everything you eat is keeping within the bounds of your nutrition goals.

I got a PM suggesting that we include waist measurement on here as well. I'd take it a step further and encourage guys to put up anything along that line as a goal and then let the rest of us know as you make progress toward it. Examples: Goal: run a marathon, just finished my first 10 mile plus run, Goal: drop 3 inches on my waist and I have lost the first inch, Goal: increase my 3 lift total by 100 lbs andI have made 50 lbs of it.

So here goes:

[Linked Image]

Penguin: mid-40s, 6'-2", 240

Type of workouts: Pretty standard, run, lift, swim. Trail run as a rule but am snowed/iced out for the winter so am making do with the treadmill and road runs. No fitness guru, I'm a ham and egger.

Type of hunting: Eastern mountains, mostly daypacking into areas off the beaten path with a very occasional overnighter thrown in. Tame stuff by western standards.

2014 Goals: Be comfortable running a trail half marathon by October (whether I do so or not), add a bit of strength with no weight gain, avoid injury at all cost.

Workouts to follow.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.