Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Glocktard
......something is WRONG with said knee.

Do you also go by "Sherlock?" As in, no s-h-i-t Sherlock?

You have no clue about my doctor, and no clue about me. You don't even know the doctor's name, yet you deride him and call him a "lifeguard" when his job is to get NFL players back on the field as soon as possible, and purport to know what I need.

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd be twice as smart as you are.

You have no clue on the conversations I've had with my doctor regarding what I want to be able to do, and what he and his staff have done to help me achieve those goals.

You're a f---ing idiot.

I believe I've said the knee is slightly arthritic; the meniscus was torn as the result of taking a fall on skis and having the binding on one fail to release. Parts of the meniscus had to be removed. My ACL was ruptured and every other major ligament was partially torn; the doctor said the knee was almost dislocated. In fact, he couldn't use the patella tendon as the ACL graft like he normally does because it was "like spaghetti." He had to grab a tendon from the other knee.

I'm probably lucky to still be doing what I'm doing, and good medical care with good training and advice is a huge part of that. I can't do squats with a barbell because that causes pain, but I can do all the stuff I listed earlier, with more weight than most guys half my age. I can do goblet squats with a good amount of weight. I can do box jumps higher than most guys half my age. Given that, only a moron would dwell on the fact that I don't squat with a barbell. Congratulations.

I'm going on a sheep hunt in Alaska this fall, arthritic knee on one side and arthritic ankle on the other. WTF will you be doing?

I'll tell you what you'll be doing. You'll be posting videos of bad-ass tactical dudes with shaved heads and tatoos, and dispensing medical advice over the internet to people you've never seen.

You're f---ing awesome.

But pardon me, I need to go reload some .260 rounds, that's what I'll be shooting on my hunt.

What will you be shooting? Besides your mouth?

I think I hit his knee nerve. TFF. Good luck on your hunt Smoke. Seriously.