For reasons that sound good to me but are excuses to everyone else, I've essentially not touched a weight in almost a year and a half, which coincides from when we moved south from Anchorage (short commute with gym en route) to Blaine, WA (longer commute, no gym). I've not exercised since November, and have ballooned up to 238 lbs at 6'3.

I've started up again after falling off the wagon enough times that I'm pretty aware of how to get going again without injury or too much soreness. So last Saturday, I did a very-abbreviated version of a standard routine:

Warmup/agility: 20 yards down and back high knees with good sprint form, side shuffle, backpedal, and carioca.

Stretch

Repeat warmup/agility with more gusto

two rounds of the following:
*shrug cleans (stand with bar, shrug and drop under it in a full front squat) x 8
*pushups x 10
*ab work x 10
*bent-over row x 10

That warmup will be typical as I get back in the swing, but I'll increase to three rounds and add weight, reps and movements to the circuit (dips as soon as I build a rack, lunges, chins)

Two sets of light front squats, 2x12 with 95 lbs

Two sets of light deads, 2x8 with 185 lbs

two sets of standing press, 2x10 with 95 lbs

three sets of five chins

Then yesterday, the initial front squat soreness had mostly passed so I did the following after compulsory warmups:

two sets of back squat, 2x15 at 135 lbs
two sets of power cleans, 2x8 at 135 lbs
three sets of standing press, 3x10 at 95 lbs
chins, 3x5

The first round of back squats will hobble me for another two days, but things will shoot upward after that.

Those are the two basic workouts. The core exercises won't vary, but I will add in dips, barbell row movements, lunges and possibly snatches.

Goals: work slowly back to my personal standards:
225lb bodyweight
lifts: will let you know when I get there! Long ways off for now.

To get there, I'll need to build a rack as I presently heft the bar into place from the floor. That can't last when the squat weights start increasing, which they will do very soon.