I have 2 CVA Buckhorns, I really like them. a few years back we could get up to 5 double doe tags for muzzleloader. one year I bought all I could and filled them shooting 10 deer. all of them were private land at the request of landowners to thin the deer down. gave a couple away but ate the rest that following year. I got the crud ring a little but dealt with it by running a spit patch after 2-3 shots. I just use the plain pyrodex pellets in the black box. I use 2 pellets and a saboted 300 grain .45 xtp bullet, it really thumps the deer when you put it in the ribs. the muzzleloader doe tags went away a year or two ago due to declining deer numbers but we may see them again in a couple years out here. I took one the last year they had them at a touch over 200 yards, but most were 100 yards or less.
I'm really hoping to draw my any deer muzzleloader tag this year, takes several years to get after you build up preference. unless you are my wife, she draws any tag she wants with only 1 preference point smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.