forky is a big ole mo-fo. if he's still around you better try to line your sights up on him this fall because he's got to be as big and healthy as he's ever going to get. He may even be on the down hill slide already. Any white tail that leaves tracks the size of a 12 ounce beverage can laying on it's side is as good as we're going to ever encounter with our primitive ways of fair chase without huge scientific food plots & growth enhancing minerals dumped by the ton, high fences etc.

I've been chasing deer in MN forest areas for quite a few years. I've never seen a deer leave a track like this guy does. Left to right he puts em apart wide & the stride is long. At a relaxed gate, simple walking the toes splay out & the dewclaws lay in hard on fairly firm ground. He leaves a deep track where average deer float on top barely leaving there print.

He�s a big deer, the boys & I think we got the headlights on him once last winter during black powder season. The smoke poles were put away at the cabin & we were leaving the chickenbuck to go and visit another camp. On our way out of chickenbuck we spotted a couple of deer. I had to back the truck up & swing the headlight beams through the trees until we got a light beam on his body. He never showed his head but he wasn�t your average run of the mill deer like the little bucks I showed early this week from my trail cam. He was a hog, he never showed us his head though. It was just sort of a teaser appearance.

We have lots of stands and we have lots of people to take turns watching our youngest back at the cabin.

I know I speak for the entire chickenbuck clan when I say �Pam, just shut up & hunt.�

grin

Something clever here.