Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Tzone, are you muzzleloading this year?

Idk?

You can come hunt with me this weekend T-zone. I have prime river bottom/farmland property to hunt on and not a gotdamn deer to be found on it. But we could shoot the heck out of coyotes!

Which reminds me I have to share the goofiest story. Sorry if this is long.

We have had coyotes over run the place this fall to the point where the dogs have been fighting them in our yard.

Saturday, after sitting on post, a buddy of mine came and picked me up at my house and we went for a drive. We turned out of my driveway and headed south. The nearest farm place is 1/2 mile down and on the west side of the road. They used to milk cows but now the fairly modern dairy barn is just used for storage and hay bales for his small amount of beef cows that he raises.

As we drove past the dairy barn I glanced over and there was a coyote right by the barn. I said "holy crap there is yote right there!" We stopped and the dang thing walked right in the barn like it owned the place. I remembered Capt'n Bang Flop is friends with one of their sons so I text him and he said he is on his way and his friend told us to kill it.

Meanwhile, we went back to my place and got my shotgun with turkey loads. The plan was for my buddy to go in one end and kick him out and I'd blast him.

When I snuck up, I saw a yote about a hundred yards out on the hillside of the pasture standing there watching me. I figured it was the one that went in the barn so I gave it warning shot and it reluctantly trotted off.

My buddy found too many bales in the way to walk through the barn so he walked around the west side banging on the walls and discovered another open door and a yote hauling tail inside.

I walked in the south door where the original one went and it was like a huge dog kennel that had never been cleaned. There was coyote crap everywhere! By the looks of the tracks around the barn and the amount of scat, the whole pack has been residing in there all this time and nobody knew it.

Capt'n Bang Flop showed up and we showed him and since he is laid off in the winter months he naturally wanted to trap them but his buddy said no because of the risk of catching their dog.

It was a little bit of downer but he sent me a pic today of a dead yote that made the mistake of coming out of the barn while he was on patrol. Give Bangflop some time on his hands and a mission and those yotes will rue the day they decided to take up residence in that barn lol

Footnote:
I'm pretty sure their dog has not made his lazy butt up to that end of the property in awhile if a herd of yotes had taken up residence and nobody noticed. smile

Last edited by Rooster7; 12/03/14.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...