Chainsaw was used to cut new ski toes on the lead edge of the skids and also to cut a 2X10 brace for inbetween the leading edge of the skids.

[Linked Image]

Here we had cut the new ski toe on the other side of the house and we were drilling to install the new tow hoop.

[Linked Image]

Pounding the support into place between the ski toes which holds them from ripping loose and coming in towards eachother while pulling on the tow hoops.

[Linked Image]

Here we were positioning for a double truck tug on the heavy fish house. We wanted a strong pull but we also wanted to avoid a slamming jerk which could quickly destroy all the work we had just done.

[Linked Image]

Prior to the initial pull we had jacked the house up and laid a small block under both skids. This reduced the surface contact between the rough timber skid and the ice/snow. It makes it easier to get that initial movement started.

The boy kept steady pressure on the house with his white truck and I gave a little tug with the plow truck to help initiate the 17 mile slide grin

The old inside joke "You're coming with me, fish house!" was muttered a few times about now. grin

[Linked Image]

And away we go.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/album%202/IMG_4251.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.