Originally Posted by Rooster7
Congrats to the boys Tom! 8 - 0 wow! What a season!

Hey when you were up at the beaver pond, did you see anything on your cameras that make your socks go up and down?

I haven't checked them yet, but the whole damn place makes my socks go up and down. I will check cameras this weekend, finish building the blind and get the hell out of there til I hunt it.

It's the type of place I think that needs a little pressure around it to get hot. It's NASTY to get into. Easy mile walk. It isn't that far from highway 44, probably about a mile. I really think this will be a hot spot mid-week, into the second weekend when there is hunting pressure around.

It's a funnel in the true sense of the word. There are several of them there actually. The small ridge coming down to the beaver pond, the beaver pond itself, and the transition beteen the clear cut and the swamp, funnels them to the beaver dam. If I don't screw it up, it's a good spot.

I'll not be a bit surprised if I have bears on the cam either. Im not a bear hunter, but that place scream bear country.

Camp is where you make it.