Originally Posted by northern_dave
As far as power, well I've got that generator, it's a 6500 watt unit & I can wire it to remote starter inside the cabin. I have a 6 circuit breaker panel to go with it, one 20 amp & 5-15 amp circuits. I'll put that little panel in a wall inside the cabin & pull romex in the walls for outlets & lights. I'll run my lights on a 12v circuit because I also have a power converter that one of the 15 amp circuits will be dedicated to. This will step the power down to 12 volt & provide charge for deep cycle battery pack & for the gen starting battery while the gen unit is running. This way we will have lights at any time at the flip of a switch, we will probably still light lanterns or run gas lights for any long amounts of time that light may be needed but the 12 volt lights will give that quick light for getting up in the night, waking up early before sunrise to get dressed for hunting, initial lighting for when you arrive at camp in the dark & need to get things hauled inside etc.

I will also get a small solar unit to put a trickle charge into the battery packs to keep them tended & fresh during the winter months. If we need 120 volts we will just hit the generator starter button from inside the cabin. Getting a little further into detail I also have a battery isolator to put on my generator starting battery, this will allow the starting battery to accept a charge from the power converter but it acts like a check valve in the way that it will not allow the cabin to draw power from the starting battery & drain it down. It will take a while to get all of that in place but that is the long term plan for power.

Here are a couple of pictures of the weekend progress with the floor.
first layer of sheeting down
[Linked Image]
insulation & top layer going on
[Linked Image]
top layer over half way done
[Linked Image]
4 mil plastic to keep the rain off until roof goes on
[Linked Image]

These pics here lead me to believe they’re 2x8’s Dave.

I may be wrong since you know...you built it. grin

Camp is where you make it.