congrats on the fine hunt dave, your lucky to get the kids involved. mine are a wee bit young yet but my 6yr old gets all teary eyed when i leave for camp. he loves going out. he was with grandpa road hunting yesterday and made up his own deer hunting song and i must say it was pretty good! i'll be taking him out to the big stand one of these days as well. but for other stories now, lestifer and i were off to sit in the stands yesterday at 2:00, going to put some seat time in out in the open air. when we turned the corner where i was to get out when 2 does came running out of the woods on the other side of the road and then a dandy buck was on there trail, i about rolled out of the truck and a few giant leaps across the ditch and i was out in the field where the deer were. i didn't seem to be any bother to that buck, i knelt down to get a steady eye on him and KABOOM!! i let one go and he hunched up. He was standing broadside looking kinda funny so i placed another in him and he went down. I am thinking this is pretty cool, lestifer parks the truck and gets his knife out and i am walking over to him, the deer bolts up and heads for the woods again!! I am like why didn't you jump on him, he says why didn't you shoot him. well, a good blood trail took us in the woods and a few hundred yards in there he was, hiding under a big pine scanning the area. i placed a final shot and he tipped over. it was just about done then. well, it was a nice 8pt that went 180lbs. He wasn't the one i was looking for as i have been getting 8's and want to graduate. it was a fun hunt, he was taken care of and loaded up and we still made evening post where all i had in front of me were 7 fawns, the hunt will continue today, i'll be back at camp for the rest of the week wednsday night. How much fun it is. we just about stopped over but ran out of time. wish i would have. we'll make it out yet. Hows the road!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!