Originally Posted by Berettaman
wow, been gone awhile and had some catching up to do. Most importantly, prayers for Pam's father have been sent.

I have 4 wildgame innovation cameras and they are okay. Not great by any means but they are now on their second year. I think the Truth Cam 46 is much better than the 36, I had 2 36s and only 1 works now. best idea is to win a Reconyx at a Pheasants Forever banquet though. that thing rocks!

Big news is that I am back from my elk hunt. It was an absolutely unbelievable hunt. We called in 2 bugling bulls the last day. I called in 1 to 12 yards for my buddy (but he got busted drawing) and he called in a 6X6 for me. It was an epic half hour of adrenaline filled elk screams and stalking that culminated in me shooting him at 40 yards with my bow. This was a DIY, public land hunt that I will remember forever. I can still visualize that arrow flying....

Now the pack out...holy moly! Dem der elkies weigh a lot of pounds! 75 pounds on your back at the end of a long day (got back to the ATVs at 130 am), in the dark, steep uphill, over blowdowns, at 9300 feet, with feet that have been wet for 4 days...it was AWESOME!!!! The next morning was pretty humorous watching me try to get out of bed! But man, what an experience. If anyone gets a chance to go elk hunting....do it. Just do it. You will run out of health before you run out of money. Oh, I suppose you want a picture as proof, eh?

[Linked Image]
. Congrats !!! Great bull !