I got this picture from my friend I used to work with. He shot this with a bow, I believe in Utah I think.

[Linked Image]

What makes the story pretty cool it that this is only the 2nd year he has been able to pull back a regular bow. This is because about 5 years ago he was bow hunting just north of here, rifle season on the reservation just started. He had his area marked with orange tape and flags. He was sitting on the ground and he looked up and saw 2 men walking toward him. One of them raised his rifle and looked at him through his scope. They stood there for a while. He made gestures so they knew he was there. The one man lifted his gun and pointed it right at him. He hollered at them and got up and started running toward the brush. The next thing he knew he was on the ground. He looked around but the men were gone. He looked over and he had been hit in his upper left arm. He was by himself and tried to get back to his car but it was too far. He crawled for about 200 yards. His arm was only hanging there by a small section of skin. It started getting late and his son started to get worried so he went looking for him. He saw his car and went down the trail. He found him barely consious. He called a buddy who lives by there and he come with his truck and ran through the fence so the ambulance could get to him. They reattached the arm. The doctor said he was very lucky that it was so cold because he lost so much blood, otherwise he probly wouldn't have made it.

He had been hunting with a crossbow till last year. He has pretty good stregnth in his arm considering. He is so lucky to still be here. They still have not caught the guys who did it.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.