They're a good solid break action that is very accurate. They clean easy, load easy. I run a Meopta on one of mine and a Nikon Monarch Gold on the other. To get the best accuracy you have to find the sabots that the rifle likes (probably TCs), all four of the CVAs I have had liked them best.

As for bullets...Barnes T-EZ are the best I have seen. The only deer I've shot with the Barnes T-EZ that didn't go straight down I couldn't begin to explain. Broke both shoulders, turned the lungs but for a fist size chunk of one into red soup and shredded the heart. Made it 60 yards. with a huge hole all the way through. I did kill four with low velocity (quiet) loads. Got great expansion, two holes and no tracking needed.

For powder, get some Blackhorn 209. Probably 66 grains by weight will be most accurate, it was in all my CVAs. If I remember right, the low velocity loads were under 40 grains by weight and worked perfect at 50 yards Pyrodex and 777 are dirty and make for tough reloading. Black Max works, but BH-209 is better.

CCI 209 magnum primers are good.