Tom,
I hear ya. Really I do. But I've seen folks sent out after an escaped Komodo Dragon that was "as big as my golden retriever"
[Linked Image]

It came back in a Nike shoe box - size 10 iguana.

I've seen black bears reported in Lawrence Kansas (black lab)

And the list goes on and on and on. How many alligators in the NYC sewers?

So you can imagine that the always hated and wrong DNR might get a little tired of everyone's claims. Meanwhile, Wisconsin and Minnesota DO NOT have a lion population. And no one lists lions as residents of the state.

You might just put yourself in their shoes once in a while. I have to work with the guys and they get pretty darn tired of being shot up in public by people running around making claims of this than and everything else, all the while claiming that the DNR has some sort of secret and subversive "agenda".

You know, those guys really are on our side. We still pay their freight and make their livelihoods possible. Why does everyone here hate them so? Everyone of them that I know are pro-hunting. even the nongame biologists. The vast majority are hunters - rabid hunters. But damn hunters hate them. I have no idea why the continue to do their jobs when they get this kind of treatment every single day.

Sorry for the rant, but really think about it before your condemn them all out of hand like that.

Without them, your hunting wouldn't even be as good as it was back in the 70s. You don't want go there again.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.