It is Spring here. Trees and everything else is budding , growing leaves and the birds are eating suet like crazy. I have officially changed over to short sleeve shirts and the trade off of long pants for Bermuda shorts is only a couple of weeks away.
Turkey season opened last week and a lot of my friends are chasing gobblers.; Like everything else hunting related I will not indulge . I did not go deer hunting even once this year ,I did miss being in the woods , however. I enjoyed that as much as the hunting. There just comes a time when you gotta know it's time to hang it up.
I just spent an hour or so reading the last ten or twelve pages of this thread. It's amazing how far behind you can quickly get.
I took my Maltese dog to the vet yesterday and it was confirmed that he had diabetes which is what I had suspected. We have had to change his feeding habits and food and we are giving him an insulin injection twice a day. This tears me up. I rescued him seven years ago when he was five years old. He has been a fantastic dog. His only problem is that he is very protective and not afraid to bite anybody or anything which encroaches on his territory. He drew blood on the guy who does the yearly bug inspection last year and as a result was quarantined at home for ten days. The gent had been advised to let us know when he wanted to get into the back yard and he did not.
Beauregard(his name) bonded immediately with me. The Bichon( other dog) is totally my wife's dog .Beau is a really good and smart little guy and well mannered. His previous owner evidently spent a lot of time teaching him basic stuff which he obeys well. I am having to face the possibility of his not reacting well to the current treatment. I guess we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.