Neat idea!

We converted our wood burning stove to propane back in the mid '80's in our 4 x 8 spearhouse that Uncle Gene built. It was just too hard to regulate. It would either get so hot in there we had to crack the door constantly (letting light in) or we were freezing. Propane keeps it nice and steady. But knowin you ND, you'll come up with a way to regulate that wood burner just right.

Can't wait to see the pics of the house build. As you know, I'm thinking of doing the same but me and Daren still have that same house we have been spearing out of since about 1977 or so. Maybe we'll just give that some TLC and build a new one together next year.

*Edit* Come to think of it, Uncle Gence converted it to kerosene before he converted it to propane for us. The kerosene was not a very good option. Stove would either be roaring or would go out. Kind of like the wood did. It also stunk up the joint pretty bad if I recall.

Last edited by Rooster7; 12/15/12.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...