Not sure where to start. A nasty virus seems to be kicking my ass and keeping me almost bedridden the last month or so. I have been spending a lot of time searching the gun/hunting etc. everything...

Then I found Northern Dave's original post about building a deer camp. The more I read the more I couldn't stop reading. I spent all afternoon and most of the evening reading this stuff. It was like looking into a mirror and I wanted to reply to SO many posts. They were of course very old and there was little point but then I skipped ahead to the most recent post and realized this is still alive! Wow. So here I am.

Dave & the rest of you clearly like to hunt, fish & shoot a lot.So do I.I have a similar size "camp" in Ontario that is more fishing/relaxing than hunting but I have successfully bear hunted there a couple of times. It is for me the only place I would rather go to get away. Rustic, no electric, no cell service and remote. But it is also comfortable year round with an excellent wood stove when needed (like recently if I were there).A gravity feed water system and hand driven well. I have had the unique pleasure to see a handfull of young people come to love the experience(s) of being there, some are grown men now and still ask when the next trip is. We have spent hours around a fire, sometimes toasting a friend or family member that has left us. We regularly toast the previous camp owner because we know how much the place meant to him, he died there & there is no apprehension of what he would think of us being in his special place because we take care of it and love it as he did.

I have a '72 Chevelle that I purchased 35+ years ago and I know what Dave is talking about when he said he hunted with a particular gun just because he felt he needed to take a deer with it. There is always a Camp project in the works for "next summer". The old Servell propane refrigerator still works but unless the temps are around 80 it starts to freeze everything after a day or two, except beer. But even that is sometimes pretty close. Nothing better than cleaning fish with one of the boys delivering a frosty bottle if "Blue" to you. Problem is some of those boys don't drink pop anymore!

I am fortunate enough to live in an old farm house with just enough property to hunt right out my back door taking a few nice bucks over the years. I also see pics of someone hunting with the Remington 760/7600. My favorite deer rifle since the late 70's, but not the only one I use. Always thinking about hunting, even when I'm fishing.

I have gone on long enough, do way more reading than I ever do posting but hope to read much more here and would really like to see more pics of Northern Dave's camp as it's progressed over the years. (still a lot of posts to read since yesterday).