[Linked Image]

I only have a minute before I have to return to the shop and skin her out.
here is the rundown.
after a disappointing time saturday, my brother and I went back to try again. sure enough the same guy was there and he told us how he missed a standing shot the day before at 50 yards. and that the elk were on the golf course every morning, we opted to go by thm and hunt in the mountains and try and catch them on the way to their bedding grounds. well they had been so spooked by these road hunters (who bragged about attempting 1500 yard shots to the top of a ridge) that they were hanging back in the thick of it. we hiked about 3 or 4 miles and decided it wasn't my year and were going to head home because our time together with he family was limited. we peeked over a cliff and saw some thick trees, threw in a rock to see if it might kick something up, and it didn't. I took 3 steps and there were two bedded cows. no idea why the rock didn't spook em. but I pulled up, shot her in the spine and then finished her off with a shot to the noodle. we climbed down the cliff, took a quick pic with the cell and hurried to get her out so we could be home by dark. we had a 2 mile drag, but had a sled and thankfully a snowcat track to pull it on the logging road.

an awesome time was had, and it was the first time my brother and I have hunted together in about 15 years. I wouldn't trade today for anything smile
I got home and my little man was thrilled to see me and clapped when i showed him the meat that will see us through winter smile
gotta run for now, but figured ya'll would like to hear how it went.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.