Originally Posted by tzone
That is good news.

This is the part of the season I like the best. Getting ready. Figuring out food, clothes, firewood, how many cases of beer. I like the hunting too but this is my favorite. Right up until I figure out what I forgot. Like when I put stuff on the kitchen table so I don't forget it before I leave.

Tom-I may have told you this story before, speaking of stuff you forgot. Dad would start packing for deer camp at least two weeks before departure. I well remember the ever increasing pile of gear accumulating in the dining room. Mom used to get pissed because she couldn't get to the mangle she used to iron the sheets. So Dad packed for two weeks, and routinely managed to forget to bring ammo for his rifle! There was a little general store at the turn off to head up the mountain roads that led to camp. (Mrs. Cornelius's General Store in Sabula, Pa. on 255, in case anyone remembers) This was always the last stop on the way to camp. She always kept a box of .300 Savage ammo set aside for Dad, as she knew he'd be in for it. We have about 11 boxes of 300 ammo, all with one round shot out of them from all the times Dad ended up forgetting his ammo. My brother has this collection now, and it's pleasant reminder of Dad and a bygone time.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla