Originally Posted by tzone
The topic of deer hunting came up at our house over the weekend. It's starting to be discussed a lot more. laugh The boy want's to start talking "dates" and places.

My step-daughter will start hunters safety this week. She's pretty excited. She won't hunt deer this year becasue of some other commitments, but we'll try to find a few grouse for her to pop.

We're going to start off in SD again this year. He drew a youth "any anterless" tag. We'll head to the Black Hills in October to fill that. Any excuse I can use to get there I'll take!

Not sure what we're going to do in MN yet. He's got a place to hunt at his Step-dads land. He shot a few does there last year. We may go with a family friend up in the Cotton, MN area as well.

In WI I we're staying out of the woods this year by the stands. We always have a bunch of pics of nice bucks, but when the season rolls around, we don't see much. We'll go in Labor Day weekend and make sure they're all up and everything is secure and stay out until the season starts. Debating on whether or not to put up cameras.

Between the bear hunters, grouse hunters, jack lighters, and coyotes, they're getting enough b.s. thrown at them. This is public land of course.

Good luck to you guys this fall Tom. Fill that freezer!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla