oh it's not that bad, but you're right Tom once it's up there is no going back. I did a whole restoration in a month just working on the weekends. I found a lot of awesome info here www.tinboats.net and have restored a few boats (look under the same handle for a couple of mine that might be on there) the biggest thing is don't plan on an hour or two here and there, try to block off entire days like 3-4 saturdays in a row if possible. Oh, and it will go 3x the budget you think it will. Don't waste your money on marine grade plywood, use regular and seal it with epoxy, I use the fiberglass kind and do two coats. that will seal any plywood and be a permanent fix (remember to predrill ALL holes before sealing) also run conduit for wiring so when you swap out electronics or want to add lighting you can fish the wires bow to stern easier. it's a lot of fun, I'm planning on redoing my floor on the 99 19' Fisher Avenger I have. I'll be using tuff coat on the floor and hopefully be custom making new consoles if time allows, maybe next year though. feel free to ask any questions you might have. it is a ton of fun! and you'll learn new swear words you never thought possible smile.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.