The only thing I have witnessed that beats the flag-dash is one time I helped with security at one of those big ice fishing tourneys. If you have never seen one, they put about 5,000 to 10,000 guys in a small area...holes are pre-drilled about 6-8 feet apart. It is always a shotgun start and the first fish is usually worth a big prize (ATV or something). the first 10 fish actually are worth quite a bit. Could be a 2 oz perch, but if you get there first, you will be happy. So they blow the horn and everyone drops their bait. Immediately, a few people catch a fish and the race is on. A guy by me pulls up a 6-inch perch, and takes off. Now I gotta set the stage a little. When you put 10,000 guys on the ice with a lot of gear and some trucks and snowmobiles and stuff, the ice sags a little and water comes up and pools all over. There was about a foot of snow. So now we literally have about a foot of slush...I am not exaggerating as I had to be extremely careful where I walked or the water would come over the top of my boots.

The guy in question is about 5 foot 8, 280 pounds. he has that Santa Claus shape going and is encased in a Carhart Parka, carhart bibs, and Sorel boots. He grabs the perch and holding it like a torch makes the mad dash for the registration area. After he hits top speed (which really isnt all that fast, considering) he slips and goes head first into the slush, sliding like he is trying to beat the tag at home plate. He actually slides like 6 feet on his face. Water is flying everywhere and 9,999 guys are laughing their arse off. He gets up and makes another dash for registration...still holding his perch in a death grip. I dont know what he won, but years later, I can remember it clearly.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.