Hi Wayne, yes we drove a sand point down. It plugged the fine screen with light silty sand, couldn't draw any water. So we pulled it up and I dug a hole with the tractor, then got down in the hole with a shovel and dug it deeper, then we buried a new plastic garbage can filled with rock to keep it from collapsing. The can was drilled full of 1/4" holes. The idea was to create a rock cavity as a water reservoir and draw from that with the sand point. It does work but the pitcher pump seal dries out really fast being out in the weather with no roof over it. Also we run out of water during dryer periods because it's not deep enough. I really need to redo that whole well thing a 3rd time and hopefully get it right this time. It's hard to dig anything very deep because it's all sand and the water starts coming in and the sides cave in faster than you can dig. I need to rig up a drill that can put a casing down around 16'. any deeper than that I believe you need a little better pump than the little pitcher unit.

But if we need some wash water, we can prime that pitcher pump and draw up some fairly clear water for cleaning up around the cabin.

Something clever here.