Took the kids out scouting last night for geese and for schmidts and giggles drove by our deer stand on an uncut oat field.

Two deer were out on the field and I thought at first they were both does. Get closer and the one doe a good sized one trots off a little when the oldest boy gets all excited and yells in my ear "thats a buck". Sure is a smaller four point. Anyway he is all excited and just shaking to beat the band.

The doe takes off across the road in front of us and the buck follows but slower when he stops right in front of the truck and looks back at us from about 15 feet. By now my son is just shaking like you wouldnt believe. The buck takes off and into the woods.

My youngest who has taken deer before says he wants to get the doe cause she is the perfect size. My daughter just laughs and says go ahead cause she is sleeping in this year. But my oldest boy has this funny look on his face and in his eyes and says "I want that buck". He was still shaking 25 minutes later as we pulled in the yard.

Now this boy has been hunting with me since he was little, and just got over his fear of his shotgun, last two years he has had chances to shoot deer with his rifle but passed for good reasons and never showed the fire to really hunt for an animal until last night. I dont know what that deer did to him or what is going on but the last couple of weeks with him have been really cool watch something has turned him on and he is all go and no slow.