JoeMama--
Put some pictures of your cousin and other esteemed people in the entry-way. Not to be weird or to make it a "shrine", but to recognize that you share the friendship of these men, and that some lives are so big that they transcend the inconvenience of death. God gives us saints so we have a template; examples of well lived lives for us to imitate.

Wow, I like that, pictures yeah, for sure I've been thinking of how to do that the best way.. There will be pictures. But what you wrote here, "transcend the inconvenience of death...... saints... template.."

I like that. Did that just roll on out for you or were does that come from?

no matter, I like it.
Thank you for that.

And thank you all for the comments/suggestions.

We are heading out there tomorrow morning to sheet the floor. I have the framework built for the floor out there already. I decided to do an insulated floor. I'm putting down OSB sheeting over my floor joists, then a layer of 1" high density polystyrene insulation, then my 3/4" flooring over that. kind of a styrofoam sandwich. I'll run a 2x4 flat around the perim (ext wall bottom plate area) & retain the OSB & foam board within it's boundary, I will be flush with the top surface of the 2x4 rim by the time I lay the 3/4" plywood down so I'll take that right over the 2x4. This way I'll have my foam sandwich floor but my loaded walls will rest solid on lumber. Did I explain that right? bottom line, I'm doing a plywood/styrofoam sandwich floor but my walls wont rest on the sandwich because I don't want to "squish" the sandwiched floor.

Dave

Last edited by northern_dave; 08/10/07. Reason: had to add some stuff...

Something clever here.