You all had ham for Easter. Coincidentally, I noticed several hams in our big freezer and asked if we could have one for diner Easter. Permission was granted and I began the picking process as to which one to have. I picked the smallest one since it was to be just the two of us. Man did I pick good. It was a Gwaltney spiral sliced ham.
Mrs. Linda made her special deviled eggs and potato salad and pickled beets..
I must confess I was a glutton and it WAS good.
I have a friend who night hunts private property for wild pigs and coyotes. He is good at it and is in demand by land owners and therefore gets a lot of night hunting in. He is a local mail carrier.
A month or so ago he left a 175 pound boar at the processors in my name. We got lots of breakfast sausage ,chops and brisket from that one. Being a boar most of it went into sausage cause boar meat is strong.
Last week he had a good night hunting killing six pigs and left a nice sized 75 pound sow for me. This one will be regular cut with ribs, hams, chops, loins, etc.
His thermal imaging rifle scope also records and I have watched a bunch of his kills.
He posts them on You Tube. Go to You Tube and search for "Mailman 29680". It is interesting to watch.
One night last week , he and a fellow hunter killed six in one night.
I don't know what the pig situation is up there but we are infested with feral hogs and I DO mean infested. There were three 200 pound plus ones killed on our deer lease last year during deer season. There is no season on them, of course, and night hunting is allowed. In fact that is when most of them are killed. The meat is good and very lean but the boars have a quite strong taste if they are large(older).
It's always good to see all of your posts my friends.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.