Awesome field report Tom!

I was the lucky chickenbucker that got to meet up with Tom and fish the NWT tournament out here. It was kinda crazy how it all worked out. Over a year ago I met up with Tom when he was fishing one of these close to home so we met up for dinner and hatched a plan to do it this year. Fast forward to this spring I get a text saying entries are open and to get mine in ASAP. A few weeks ago Tom tells me he got in and asked if I got the email too. I look and don't see one, so I call the tournament folks to find out for sure. I talk to a lady and she looks me up, saying that not only did I not get in but I'm so far down on the list there's no way I'll be in with cancellations, bummer and I guess I'll try next year.
The evening before the tournament I get a call from one of the organizers asking if I've gotten to the rules meeting yet. Dumbfounded I ask him for what, he tells me the tournament. Took a second to process but I told him what was told to me weeks ago and he said nope I'm in if I can make it. Quick call to Tom confirms I can share a room and 50 minutes later I'm headed to the river and meet up with Tom. Long story short I had an absolute blast, well worth the entry fee to fish with two pros over 2 days. Luckily I matched up with some good fishermen and was able to place high enough to win my entry back plus a little bit. It was a blast hanging out and sharing stories after each day. I'm definitely going to do this again, thanks Tom for the invite and reminder! Happy 4th to everyone!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.