Found a neat area on public land south of my property.

Found a stand that a friend of mine built many years ago, he doesn't hunt any more but when he did he shot a buck that green scored @ around 200" from this stand that he would dissapear into the woods & go to, wouldn't say where it was exactly.

Well I found it last night. it's in very bad shape, not useable. but it has a sign on it with his name on it (they used to do that in MN, put your name on your stand if it were built on public land)

looks like it's built on an old settler site, there's an old bed frame there, some other junk and a large hole in the ground, like 12' by 20' that might have been a cellar of sorts for a cabin.

I didn't mill around there too much, so I didn't get to see everything, the spot just looked good, it has several bottle necked passage ways entering into it where bucks or a buck of course has made scrapes.

I did minimal walking in that spot, just scoped it out real well and put down some of this "buck jam" attractant on a couple of old rotted tree stumps & backed out of there. I'll get a ladder stand in there on Friday & check the stumps.

I also spread the magic sauce over a few other stumps out in front of other established stands on my property.

I'm in super crazy hunter mode man, can't stop it now, it's out of control, it's obscene.... god help the delicious wild timber goats....

Something clever here.