Dave I must tell you a story that your new sled brings from my past.

I think it was 1986 and I had only owned single cylinder sleds. I also had a three wheeler that i had punctured a tire on.

I asked a kid named Tim to give me a ride on his snow jet 440 widetrack down to Ziggys house, where we where going to fix the tire.

Tim, who was a big guy who went to state as a wrestler, let me and my tire hop on his machine. It should be known that he hadnt had the sno jet very long.

We where heading down a hill to the main street in kellly lake and he hit the throttle hard. It stuck. Wide open. Carb had got covered in frost.

We shot down the hill, across main street, into a yard. I rolled off into the snow with my tire cause he was yelling that it wouldnt stop.

Just before he hit a large rock pile he flipped the choke and killed it.

He got off cursing and swore he would never get on it again and walked home. as he left I offered him 20.00 for it and he said fine.

I hustled to ziggys to drop off the tire and ran home to get a 20 and a bottle of heat to defrost the carb. We always carried it to dump on the carb if it got frosted up.

To his house to pay him then off to my new machine. And what a machine it was. I took the crappy torn seat off and rode it sitting on the alu body. Light, low and faster than I had ever gone on a sled.

Sorry for the ramble but I could just sit on it, crack the throttle and it would spin a [bleep] from a stand still. Oh what a sled! Think it was a Yamaha 440. Thanks for the drunken flashback Dave!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424