I've had the road runner for around 4 years now. The major work is complete, it's fun stuff from here forward. Like bolting on a person's choice of wheels and tires, collecting all the factory reproduction decals to apply under the trunk lid, under the hood etc. Detailing things, washing and waxing, changing oil and checking tire pressure, driving it to local car shows etc.

I get a txt a week and a half ago from a car club friend. He says there is a guy been txting him and calling him like crazy. This guy is looking for me, wants to talk to me about my 69 road runner.

My buddy dint want to give out my number to a stranger without checking with me first.

So, I get the number for the guy and I call him. Turns out there is a search effort going on for this road runner I've got. This guy is like second or third owner of the car and he's trying to help the previous owner to himself in finding the car.

(This really is a short version to this story too, I was on the phone with this guy for 2 hours)

A couple of days pass and I'm put in contact with the guy that's searching for his old car. He's been wanting it back for about 40 years.

He launched a serious search effort for it about 7 years ago.

He was shocked by the idea that the car still existed.

He was even more shocked by the fact the car was still numbers matching, still retains it's original engine, transmission, it's still all there.

He was further shocked to learn that it doesn't look like this:

[Linked Image]

Rather it looks like this today:

[Linked Image]

It's been his dream to find his old car from his high school days. He knew that was a lofty dream as 4 decades have passed. So he's been searching for a similar one, he would have settled for another T7 bronze hard top with white vinyl roof, 383/4 speed, air grabber hood.

One problem, there aren't any. He's been trying for years, they just don't exist.

Anyways, to the point here...

The guy is simply wild with excitement as I have agreed to sell him his first love from 40 years back.

It truly is an unbelievable story, who else could something like this happen to?

Yeah, probably nobody.

Feels like it was meant to be, as hard as it is to part with it. The gentleman is offering above fair price due to his sentimental attachment to the car.

I have a dream myself. A dream that will take some money to pull off. I'd like to pursue that dream and this sale will really help that dream become a reality.

This is a nice story, everybody wins.

The end.

Now if only someone would come looking for their long lost prize basset hound that keeps crapping in my garage.... I'd gladly reunite them, for free.

lol.

Something clever here.