For some reason this year I feel like my hunting was cut short. Like I need more. I'm not sure why. I went at least as much as I usually do? I'm not sure what it is. Maybe because I didn't get to spend very much time in the woods before hunting season? Maybe becasue in the past I've hunted MN and WI? Like I said, just can't put a finger on it.

April and I are going to head up north of Duluth on the last weekend of BP season. We're going to sit a morning and do a little woods work and scouting. There is a ladder stand I'm going to pull down that is in an area that looks good, but didn't have much deer sign in it. So I guess scouting is sometimes for where not to find deer as well.

There are 6 stands that two of us maintain, and mostly I end up doing it. I'm going to just maintain a few of them, the best ones and scout a lot more on the clear cut where the beaver pond stand is. The beaver pond is cool but VERY hard to get to. Almost making it unhuntable because of the racket getting to the stand. Possible though.

Camp is where you make it.