Thank you everyone for the prayers and condolences.

This has to be one of the hardest things I've faced. Thankfully I've had Dave and the kids right by my side every step of the way. When I first heard the diagnoses and timeframe in September, I was upset but I kept thinking that I'd maybe have a year with dad. A year of more phone calls and more trips home to make up for lost time, to make up for all the times I didn't call and to make up for the times I didn't go home. But God had a shorter timeframe in mind.

I'm one week in not having my dad a phone call away. I'm one week in heading back to work tomorrow to try and get back in the groove...and honestly I don't want to go back. I want a little bit of normalcy but in baby steps. I wished dad could've seen Nate graduate in May, or our hunting cabin or the many cars that will be finished in our shop. I wished dad could've stuck around long enough to have Joey get his drivers license and go to his house to drive him back here to go hunting at our cabin. As my sister held her cell phone to dad's ear 10 minutes before he passed away, I wished I would've said more things to him.

I am thankful for having such a great man in my life and for the many lessons he taught me. I am thankful for the time I had with this great man so many called friend and I was privileged to call my dad.

Time will soften the pain I know and one day it will be ok. Thank you again everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I appreciate it.

"I'm not crying!!"