Rooster, I typed up a response to your question about the scattergun, but I dont see it. I dunno what happened, I must not have posted it.

Anyway, my #1, #2, and #3 priorities when buying a shotgun is gun fit. If it fits you (meaning length of stock is right and you are looking down the rib, etc) then you will hit with it. How important is gun fit? I know a gent who averaged 17 on the trap field and his career best was a 22. He got a new gun from his wife (a Beretta, imagine that!) and his average went to 23.5 and he never, not once, shot a round lower than 19 in 5 years of trap league. The only thing that changed was the gun.

#4 is balance in your hands. Balance to me translates more into confidence than anything else...if it feels good in your hands your confidence is high and things tend to die. If you dont like the feel, you will struggle. So, having said all that, if that gun fits and feels balanced, then buy it. Also, I echo what Stan has said wholeheartedly.

You arent going to get stung too bad on a $300 gun, if you dont like it, you can sell it within a day or two for $225.

I like that Mossbergs are made here, however, they fail my balance test. They just dont feel good to me in my hands for some reason. Good luck and lets hear how it works out for ya!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.