Originally Posted by Berettaman
I have a similar dilema....but different. the daughter is 9 so next year may be her first year. But we are in the slug zone. I have thought and thought and in the end, I think I am going to go with 1 shell in a Beretta 390 with a rifled barrel/scope. I have that setup already. Or I go buy a 20 ga slug setup for her. Remember, I have 3 kids!

This sure seems more complicated than when I was a kid shooting a H&R break open 20 ga that only had a bead for a sight and shot 2 feet to the right and 16" low at 75 yards! I can still remember aiming at my first deer.....

Okay, right behind the front leg, 1/3 of the way up....now, compensate for the gun so go 2 feet back, up 16" and....right there...uh, I am aiming at this deer's tail...pull the trigger....right through the lungs!

I want her to be set up with something better than that.
If you want to hold off on buying something for her, I've got a 20 ga. Youth Model 500 you're welcome to use. It's just a smoothbore with choke tubes, so you'd have to play around with it and come up with something that would group through it, but you're welcome to use it if you want. Just let me know.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla