Sorry to hear about your buddy and his wife's loss. That would be terrible but at least nobody was hurt. Prayers sent.

Do you have an updated list of what he is getting and what he still needs?

I might have a "gadget" or two laying around.

smile

I lost an older cousin in a house fire in '86. My Dad was the Fire Chief in our small town and my cousin Ron was the Asst. Chief. They were really close. My folks and his folks were out at his house the night it happened. After they left he fell asleep in a recliner with a lit cigarette in the living room. They figure it laid smoldering in the carpet until the furnace kicked in and the air from the vent ignited the fire. The house was a total loss.

My Dad was the one who found him in the kitchen the next morning while the house was engulfed in flames. If Ron would have crawled to the left instead of to the right he would have made it to the door.

I remember being there on that cold rainy fall day while my Dad and the rest of the fire dept. fought to contain the blaze. I remember thinking how brave and strong my Dad was when the rest of us were shattered. I remember being SO impressed with the local Red Cross Chapter for all they did during that time and I have donated to them through the United Way for 20 something years now because of it.

After Ron's funeral we got into the car to go to the cemetary and my Dad completely lost it. That was the first time I ever saw my Dad cry and it had a profound affect on my life. House fires are an awful thing all the way around...

Sorry I went off in another direction. That just brought back a lot of memories.

Last edited by Rooster7; 12/13/13.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...