Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Yeah Tom and I have been texting pretty much daily. We both drew the same tag, along with my wife and son. This is his first year to shoot a buck so he's pretty excited.
Tom had to rub it in the other day how good the 243 I sold him last year shoots. As if I needed a reminder 😁
The spot we're hunting is about a 3 mile hike to get to so I've been hiking when doing field checks as much as I can to help prep and have been walking to work. If we have to pack out 4 deer that far it could get interesting lol

I'm probably more fired up than Cale is to see him shoot his first buck. That .243 does shoot well, but that is the rifle Jack fell in love with at your house. So, that's his rifle. I should probably tell him. laugh That was dirty trick you played by bringing out a .243 since he was saying he wanted one. It was even dirtier that you fed me about 4 whiskies before you said you'd sell it. grin

I'll happily shocked if we have 4 deer to pack out at the same time. I'll also be tired. really, really tired. I did get a new frame pack in anticipation of carrying a few out though. Maybe I should bring Jack with us. He could probably carry 2 deer at this point. He's been working out all summer and is now scary. grin

The funny part about Ryan's family and I drawing the tag is that we will make up approximately 1/2 of the WT deer tags allowed in that area. That makes me laugh.

Last edited by tzone; 09/17/20.

Camp is where you make it.