Originally Posted by ihookem
Gophergunner, I hope you are ok and hope your health issues dont slow you down too much. I imagine you won't get to Pensylvania this year neither huh? As for me , I am so pressed for time that I hunt just 4-6 miles from home on some public land instead of the 486 miles round trip to my cabin I used to go to. Also, is this the daughter that played softball?

Sure is, jhookem! She never showed much interest in this, but now wants to go. I just lined up another rifle tonight. A 7mm Mauser. Should be about perfect for her. This gets her out of getting pounded by the shotgun slugs. Thinking about picking up a blind big enough to sit the three of us. I just don't feel comfortable turning them loose without me tagging along. I haven't hunted with someone else in the blind since my son started sitting by himself. This would be a fun experience, and the blind would at least give us a chance of not getting busted by the deer. Pretty tough to have three people sitting together and not get "discovered" by a deer.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla